If you have clicked to read this article, then you might want to start blogging and you are looking for How to Choose a Perfect Blogging Niche.
You are not the only one searching for profitable niches in blogging. There are millions of searches for finding a perfect niche by beginners. And so it is because choosing a perfect niche can be the life-changing moment for any beginner.
A perfect niche can change your blogging career. It can make you successful or it can be demotivating if your niche doesn’t motivate you.
Sticking to a niche is more important than finding a niche because if you want to create a successful business in blogging career, then you must think twice before finalizing a niche for blogging.
There might be a dozen niche ideas in your mind which you think would be perfect to start blogging. In this post, I am sure that all your doubts will be cleared and my article might give you some help to find the perfect niche for your new blog.
In this post, I will explain to you everything about the types of niche, why do we need a niche, how can you write posts on your niche, and how to do keyword research in your niche which will help you to find How to Choose a Perfect Blogging Niche for your blog.
Bonus: I will also share 100+ niche ideas which will help you to find your perfect niche
What is a niche in blogging?
Let me explain to you the basic question that may come to your mind that what actually we call a niche in blogging.
A niche, in simple language, is a topic in which you are going to write articles, or a blog post in blogging.
A niche can be of two types
A Broad Niche
A Broad Niche means a broader topic in which you can write many sub-topics under the main topic.
Suppose you love animals and you would love to write about dogs. Then dogs can be a wider niche for your blog. Under this topic, you can write everything about dog care, dog food, dog grooming, and much more. Similarly, if you are interested in sports, then sports can be a wider topic for you in blogging.
Choosing a wider topic can be simple but there are some limitations that you must keep in mind
- If you choose a wide niche, it would be very difficult for your blog to rank in Google because there is already so much competition in a wider niche, then it would be difficult for you to survive in that competition. It would be difficult for you to make money then you might quit blogging.
- The second limitation of choosing a wider topic is that you might not be found by prospective consumers.
- Email Marketing would not be easy.
- You probably can’t handle more than one website based on a broad niche.
What can be the advantages of choosing a broad niche?
- The most important advantage is that you can easily drill down further once you gain some traction. You can track your visitors on which topic they are more interested in, their likes and dislikes. Then you can focus on that sub-topics and your readers will be likely to remain with you for a longer time.
- You would never get bored with your niche since you can write about many sub-topics under that wide niche.
- You can get a huge traffic volume if you have relevant sub-topics.
- You can have multiple affiliate products to sell on your website related to different sub-topics and so you have multiple revenue streams.
- You can easily promote your new product if you already have an established authority website which will be much easier if you would have started from scratch.
- You would be flooded with ideas since you have many products to write about. and it would be easier for you to continue creating income from your website.
- You can outsource some of your content as you can easily find content writers who write on some specific sub-topics.
For example, if you have chosen to write about many sub-topics about dogs, but dog grooming seems very interesting for your readers and they digest more and more of your content related to dogs grooming then you can be sure enough to write more and more about dogs grooming. You can sell products related to dog grooming and your consumers would be happy to buy from you.
A Narrow Niche
A narrow Niche is the sub-topic under the wide niche. I have already explained the advantage of writing in a sub-topic.
Let me explain to you how much you can explore if you choose a narrow niche. Take the example of dogs.
There are hundreds of dog niche ideas that you can explore. Some of them are listed below
- Dog Breed
- Dog Foods
- Dog Healthcare
- Dog Clothing
- Dog Collars
- Dog Allergy
- Dog Toys and many more you can search for.
What could be the limitations of choosing a narrow niche?
The most important limitations could be
- Limited traffic volume, hence limited consumers.
- You might get bored after some time if you only choose that narrow niche seeing the profits and traffic volume. You must be passionate about the sub-topic you are choosing. You must be more creative related to your niche so that your visitors get unique content every time they visit your blog. Before you engage your visitors, you must be first engaged and passionate about your niche topic.
- There might be a limitation in properly scaling your business because your niche is narrow and there is less room for the expansion of your business. If you have enough time, you can create more websites related to other sub-topics if your visitors demand you to do so.
- Writing about your narrow niche might not be an easy task for your content writers and you have to write your whole content on your own. This might be a small limitation because you can find someone to write your content as there are thousands of content writers and you can also find a perfect content writer after proper searching.
What are the advantages of choosing a narrow niche?
- You can establish credibility
- You can easily sell your products if there is less competition for your narrow niche products.
- You can set your website in auto-pilot after you have completed your sales funnel and you can forget it.
- Your Google rankings will improve, and ultimately your earning will increase if you can make an authority website.
- You have your loyal visitors. Your visitors know where do they get complete knowledge in a sub-topic.
Before we understand How to Choose a Perfect Blogging Niche, we must know what is the need for a niche.
Why do we need a niche in blogging?
It is really simple to understand why you need a niche in blogging. If you have your audience lined up and you want to earn money by selling specific products to those consumers, you need a blog related to that specific niche.
For example, you run a motorcycle store in your town and you know who your customers are. You can create a simple website related to motorcycle parts and accessories. You can add details, features, and functions of various motorcycle products you want to sell on your website. Your customers would love to purchase from you if they are your loyal customers. You can add various discount coupons if you want traffic on your website and attract more customers to your website.
And the second reason is creating your own identity in your niche.
Now we know what is the need for a niche, now we can understand How to Choose a Perfect Blogging Niche.
How To Choose a Perfect Blogging Niche?
I have summarised in the following ways which might make your job simpler in finding a perfect niche for your blog
1. Brainstorm more and more ideas
- Put your brain into work. Think about anything you can write your blog upon. Think about your interests, passion, your daily life habits, hobbies, and anything you can think upon. Some of the niche ideas might be sports, motorcycle riding gears, dating sites, self-development website, yoga, etc.
- Think about your shopping habits. The products you use. Some of the niche ideas can be grooming products, hair care products, backpacks, electronic products, skincare products, fashion websites, etc.
- See yourself around your home, your office. Think closely if you can write a blog about any of the things in your surroundings. Some of the niche ideas can be bonsai trees, kitchen care, foods related websites, home decor, interior decoration, astrology, furniture related website, etc.
- Think about your magazines, newspapers you read. Think about a topic that you read often in a magazine, or in a newspaper. Some of the niche ideas can be new technologies, news website, Shayari website, celebrity news, Bollywood or Hollywood news, poems website, share market, finance, business news website, etc.
You must have come up with some niche ideas, note down those ideas in your notebook.
2. Question yourself to find that one perfect niche and how can you write a good blog post
Now ask the following questions to yourself, these questions will help you find one of the niches from the list of ideas you have
Question 1: Am I passionate about my niche?
You should ask yourself if you feel passionate about your niche because blogging is a long-term game and if you want to get successful, you have to play this game for a longer time.
If you really want to be successful blogging, you should ask yourself this question for every niche on your list.
If your niche is profitable but you are not interested in your niche, then you cannot continue blogging for the long run.
Choose a niche in which you enjoy writing about that topic.
Question 2: Are there other people who enjoy reading about my niche?
The answer to this question cannot be answered by you verbally, you should do proper research and find out.
You can visit Google Trends and find out
In the following example, I have selected two trends of two different niches which might be your niche
There is something that you should keep in mind
- In the first topic “Dog Care”, you can see the last five years’ trend. This niche is ideally constant from the last five years because everyone wants to care for their dog and there is no perfect time or season in a year that we must take care of our pet dog.
- If the “Dog Care” niche is running perfectly from the last five years doesn’t mean that this will work perfectly in the coming five years but you can take an idea of a niche from Google Trends.
- The second niche I selected to compare with “Dog Care” is “Golf Cubs”. The average searches of the second niche are higher than the first niche.
- Since Golf clubs are used to play Golf and Golf game has some seasons to play. So, in the golf season, it is more searched and purchased from some websites.
So, in this way, you can search from Google Trends and compare all your selected niches and find out if you can write blog posts in that niche.
Now a question arises
Question 3: How can I write blog posts in my selected niche?
When you have selected your niche and you are looking for how you can start blogging in your particular niche.
You can click on below link and know-how can you start a blog for beginners
Before writing a post, you must keep in mind that writing a blog requires a lot of hard work, time, and money.
How can you make your hard work, time, and money fruitful?
Just by writing a post after a full research on keywords. You must have heard about keywords research before that how much it is important for attracting a lot of traffic if your post ranks higher in Google SERP( Search Engine Results Page).
A very secret tip I can give you of how can you write blog posts is that
- You can search for top websites in your niche
- Do research on how they write their blogs?
- Do they use free images, features images? Do they upload videos?
- You can search for their content length.
- In this way, you can write your unique blog by writing your blog post on your own, no copying from any website, and including all those things which the top bloggers have missed upon. This will not be easy but at least you can try. Work hard and smart and surely you will write a good blog post.
How do I know if my niche is profitable?
1. Keyword Research
Let me tell you in short of how you can make keyword research.
- The best websites you can use for keyword research are Ahrefs and SEMrush. Since these are paid tools and you are a beginner so I would not suggest you buy their memberships. As you grow in blogging and you start making some money from blogging, then I must recommend you to use these websites for keyword research because these websites are perfect for keyword research. You can experience the awesomeness of these websites when you use them. These websites can help you grow your blogging career like a rocket if you really know how to do keyword research.
- The second way, you can use Google Keyword Planner. This is a free tool for keyword research by Google. Keyword research is more authentic because all the data it shows on keyword research is based on the data of Google Search Results. It gives you a basic analysis like if you search for a keyword, it can show you a range of 100-1000 search volume or 1000-10000 search volume. You can get an idea from that range that your selected keyword lies in which range of search volume and how can you select that perfect keyword so that your posts attract more traffic from Google.
- You can use many more free keyword research tools like Ubersuggest, Keyword Surfer, Keyword Everywhere, and you can search in the Quora platform, which has billions of searches in a day.
2. Do you have any product (in your niche) that you can sell or how can I make money from my niche?
There are two kinds of products you can sell from your website- digital products and physical products. It depends on your niche that what kind of product you can sell from your website.
If your niche is digital marketing, then you can sell online courses, e-books, and much more digital products.
If your niche is about technology, then you can earn from affiliate marketing of physical products like mobiles, laptops, and anything from your niche. You can join the Amazon affiliate program and help Amazon in selling its products and earn a good commission from each sale. You can also join the CJ affiliate.
You can use Google to see the available affiliate program. Just type “your niche + affiliate program” and you can easily find all the affiliate programs and the website which offers affiliate products related to your niche.
If you have learned so much about your product, you can make your own product and make good chunks of money. You can sell your own products like online courses, e-books, etc, and make a lot of money.
Well, I am pretty sure that my article on How to Choose a Perfect Blogging Niche has really helped you in finding your perfect niche.
If you are still wondering, don’t worry I have a surprise for you.
Here are 100+ most popular and profitable niche ideas to get ahead from other beginners.
100+ Most Popular and Profitable Niche Ideas
- Health Blog
- Technology blog
- SEO and Digital Marketing blog
- Finance Blog
- Personal blog
- Travel Blog
- Ladies Products
- Baby Blog
- Home Decor
- Movie Blog
- Music Blog
- News Blog
- Investment Blog
- Fashion Blog
- Personality Blog
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Weight Loss Blog
- Blockchain Technology Blog
- Camping Blog
- Pet Supplies
- Online jobs
- Government Jobs
- Fitness Blog
- Electronics Blog
- DIY Projects
- Gadgets Review Blog
- Gadgets Compare Blog
- Automobiles Blog
- Arts and Culture
- Real Estate and Properties
- Yoga and Meditation Blog
- Gym Supplements
- Common Diseases and Cure(Like Diabetes, Blood Pressure)
- Crossfit Blog
- Dance Blog
- Consultation Blog
- Beauty Blog
- Make money online
- Weight Lifting
- Healthy Recipe Blog
- Daily Diets
- Motivational Blog
- Celebrity Net worth
- Bollywood and Hollywood News
- Dental Health Blog
- Dating Sites
- Relationship Blogs
- Love Quotes
- Good Morning Quotes
- Festival Quotes
- Pet care
- Pet Strolls
- Interior Designing
- Survival Planning
- Gardening, or any hobbies blog
- Bonsai trees
- Ayurvedic Treatment
- Personal Development
- Car Care
- Motorcycle Care, troubleshooting and repairing
- Music lessons
- App Reviews
- Language Learning blog
- Photoshop Tutorials
- Video Editing
- Animation blog
- Stock market
- Cooking Blog
- Web Development
- Logo Development
- Public Speaking
- Communication skills
- Golf Tutorials
- Software Development (App Development)
- Life Hacks
- Video Game Strategies
- Restaurant Reviews
- Scuba Diving
- Home Exercises
- Wedding Planning
- Event Planning
- Business Consulting
- Healthy Living
- Books Summary
- Book Reviews
- Sustainable Living
- Self Improvement
- Protein diet plan
- Boat Blog
- Running or Marathon
- Self Defence(Especially for girls)
- Social Media
- Cakes and Pastries
- Living abroad
- Mental health
- MS Office Tutorials
- Sewing and Knitting
- Time Management
- Movie Downloading
- Home Improvement
Over To You
In this post, I have explained
What is a Niche? Types of Niche? Why we need a niche for a blog? How to Choose a Profitable Blogging Niche?
and I have suggested 130 blogging niche ideas.
I might be sure that till now you have identified in which niche you will start your blog today.
Before you start your blogging career, you must also know
Which niche have you have selected for your first blog?
If you have any queries related to my post, feel free to ask, I will be happy to reply to you
Hi, I’m Rashpreet Singh Bagga, Founder of Online Rupaya. I’m a passionate blogger and an aspiring YouTuber. This blog will help you in earning your first dollar online providing useful information regarding blogging, and SEO.