You have just created great content but you don’t know how to promote your blog post.
Well, you must know that content marketing is about spending 80% of your time promoting your content and 20% of your time creating the content.
Want to know the easiest and effective ways to promote your blog posts, then keep calm and read this article till the end.
17 Actionable Blog Promotion Tips
In this article, I will explain to you 21 actionable tips on how to promote your blog posts.
1. Create a Facebook Group
Creating a Facebook group related to your blog is the easiest and effective way to promote your blog posts.
Creating a Facebook group rather than creating a Facebook Page is more effective in 2020.
You can easily create a Facebook group in the name of your website in just a quick few steps.
Every time you publish an article, share your article on your Facebook group to get initial engagement and views on your blog posts.
Work out on how can you increase members on your Facebook group.
The more number of group members you have on your Facebook group, the more engagement you get on your blog posts and you can drive more traffic on your website.
Facebook groups can help you in driving referral traffic on your website.
Don’t forget to ask your Facebook group members to share your blog posts on other platforms.
Keep this in mind that some statistics show that the best time to post on Facebook is between 11 AM and 1 PM on Wednesdays for best results.
2. Actively Participate in another Facebook Groups
In addition to creating your own Facebook group, you must actively participate in other Facebook groups.
On Facebook, you can find several Facebook groups related to your niche.
All you have to do is search for such Facebook groups and join some of the groups keeping in mind their mandatory guidelines, rules, and regulations.
Once they accept your request, it is good to go and help some newbie bloggers answering their queries in the comments section.
You can ask those new bloggers to join your Facebook group, read your popular blog posts, and visit your website.
In this way, you can promote your blog posts and drive a good amount of traffic on your website.
Twitter can be a great way of driving a lot of traffic to your blog.
Like any other social media, Twitter is one of the best platforms to share your blog posts and gain organic traffic to your website.
You just have to apply proper strategies to drive traffic to your blog.
You need to create a Twitter page, belonging to your blog’s domain and start building followers by sharing valuable content on your Twitter profile.
As you share more and more content on the Twitter page, more and more people start following you, sharing your content, and retweeting your post.
Adding suitable hashtags to your post will help the post to reach the targeted people and probably you get targeted traffic to your blog post.
You can tweet the link to your blog post more than once in a day. If you have evergreen content, you can post 2-3 tweets per day to gain some new followers on Twitter.
You can use “Click to tweet” on your blog post. This will enable the readers to link back to your article by simply clicking on “Click to tweet”.
4. Building The Email List
There is no doubt that building an email list of your subscribers can really help you in driving targeted traffic to your blog.
While you have an engaging reader base on your website, you can capture their emails, and every time you publish a new article, they get an email of your new blog post.
And there are good chances that they read your blog post after visiting your website and probably good chances that they would share your article with other people and in this way, you get more and more subscribers for your blog.
There are several methods that you can use to build an email list.
You can capture the email of your blog visitors by creating a lead magnet, or by using email marketing tools.
You can offer a free ebook, or a free course, or online consultation and in return, you can ask for their email id, which you can utilize to send them daily emails of new blog posts.
Once you have a long list of email subscribers, it will help you in getting more visits, more click, and hence more targeted traffic on your blog post.
LinkedIn is not a platform that can help you drive a lot of traffic to your blog, but it can help you drive quality traffic to your blog.
LinkedIn is a great platform to reach a professional audience.
Here are some tips that can help you start promoting your blog on LinkedIn:
- Create a professional profile for personal and business branding.
- Build connections with people in your industry.
- Publish content at least once every day.
- Join some relevant groups in your industry.
- Create your own group.
Pinterest is an amazing platform to share visual content.
Here are some steps that you can follow to post content on Pinterest:
- First of all, you have to create a blog board where you pin your posts.
- Your Pinterest blog board can be the same as your website blog title, that can help your Pinterest blog board searchable.
- Post infographics related to your blog post and link back to your blog article, this can help you drive traffic to your blog post.
- Engage more and more with your followers on the blog board. Try to turn your followers into regular blog readers, so that your website gets a good amount of traffic.
- For proper engagement, you have to pin very often and pin consistently and follow back your followers and post relevant and quality content on your blog board.
- Use relevant hashtags, keywords, and proper keyword in your image ‘alt’ tags on your image.
Instagram is a social media platform, that can be used not only for posting selfies, posting lifestyle pictures of family and friends, but it is becoming a platform for marketers and businesses to promote their products and services.
In addition to this, Instagram is getting more popular among bloggers, digital marketing experts, and online marketers to promote their blogs and their blog content.
Like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, Instagram has grown enormously to become a big platform for bloggers to promote their content.
As per the sources, as of June 2018, Instagram has 1 billion users worldwide.
Here are some tips that can help you drive traffic to your blog:
- Include your website’s URL on your Instagram bio.
- Share relevant and quality content on your Instagram profile with consistency to provide a good value to your followers.
- Make your Instagram post more interesting and clickable with some “call-to-action” and tell your followers to click on the link to navigate directly to your blog post.
- You can follow back some of your followers and “like” and “comment” on the content shared by your followers. It simply means to get more engaged with your followers.
- Don’t forget to start networking with your fellow bloggers and share their content on your Instagram so that they also start sharing your content on their Instagram profile. This is a win-win situation for you and other influencers since you and they can attract more followers on the Instagram page.
- Make great use of Instagram stories, reels, and IGTV, as this could help drive a huge amount of traffic to your blog if you can create such content related to your blog. Instagram stories are sharable, so you can convert your blog post into a mini-story and share it with your followers on Instagram.
- Consistency is the backbone of every successful entrepreneur. So if you can consistently post valuable content on Instagram, you will definitely get more followers, more clicks, more shares, and more traffic to your blog post.
8. Use Viral Content Bee
Viral Content Bee is another social media platform for bloggers, digital marketing experts, and social media marketers to share the quality content on their social media platforms.
The best thing that I feel about Viral Content Bee is that unless you share other people’s content on VCB, you won’t be allowed to share your own content on VCB.
That’s because if you want to share your content on VCB, you need to earn credits and the more you share other people’s content, the more credits you earn, and then you can be allowed to share your own content.
Through VCB, you can share your content on
Once you register on VCB by signing up for free.
Connect with your Twitter and all other social media platforms.
Select the group of interest you want to see content based on your niche.
Share as much content as you like, of other people, and earn credits.
Once you earn a good amount of credits, you can now submit quality posts, that are sharable on social media platforms.
9. Run Facebook Ads
If you want to rank your website in the search engine organically, it is very much difficult for a new website.
So you can take help from Facebook Ads to boost ranking for any of your blog posts and gain organic traffic on your website.
Below is the video of Amit Mishra, a blogger, and a digital marketer, where he explained it very well on how to run Facebook Ads and promote your blog posts.
Hope you liked this video and got some idea on how can you run Facebook Ads and boost organic traffic on your blog.
Here are some steps that you should follow to create Facebook Ads in a proper way:
- Create a Facebook Page.
- Once you created your Facebook Page, log in to your Facebook Ads Manager, and create an Ad.
- Create a Campaign for your Ad. You can choose from Brand Awareness, Traffic, Conversions, Engagement, and various other options. (Pro Tip: You can choose “Traffic” for promoting your blog posts).
- Set your budget. For a brand new ad, you can start with a low-budget like $5-10 per day. You can select the start date and end date for spending your fortune.
- Choose the country, where you want to show your ads. (Pro Tip: It is advisable to choose a low CPC country to gain more traffic with less money spent).
- Under “Detailed Targeting”, you can enter some keywords, through which you can get some visitors and traffic to your blog. You may think that choosing a wider audience can get you more clicks and conversions, then you are wrong. (Pro Tip: Targeting a narrow and targeted audience can really help you get more visitors, more traffic, and more conversions from your blog. Narrow down as much as you can to target a specific audience).
- After you completed choosing your audience, you can save and name your audience with a relevant name.
- The next step is writing the ad copy. In this, you have to enter your “Primary Text, which has to be appealing to ensure more clicks on your ad.
- Then add media images. You can choose from free stock photos available.
- Then you have to write the headline and description for your ad.
- Your ad is ready to be published and after you publish your ad, your ad is reviewed by the Facebook team and will automatically be published after review.
Quora is a Q&A platform, where you can answer questions related to your niche and drive huge traffic to your blog.
You might know that Quora gets billions of traffic per month, so you can easily get hundreds to thousands of traffic on your site from Quora if you can apply some good strategies.
Because if you try to span on Quora, your account might get banned and you will not be able to use your account after that.
So, it’s very important that you apply some good strategies and you must know about the rules and regulations to answer on Quora.
I do have my Quora account in which I have about 8.6k content views in just 3 months where I have answered 80+ questions requested by Quora users.
To begin promoting your blog on Quora and generating a good amount of traffic from Quora, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Create a profile on Quora. You can log in to Quora from your Facebook or Google account.
- Then pick a minimum of 10 topics related to your niche, on which you want to answer questions on Quora.
- Search for some viral and relevant questions related to your niche from the search box, which has a good number of followers, and answer those questions providing your website link in your answer. But you have to be careful not to insert a link to your blog in every answer, else your answer will be considered spam and your answer will be deleted and frequent continuing this activity might ban your Quora account permanently.
- Try to answer the questions in good detail, be specific, add some media like images and videos, and try to fulfill the intent of the user.
- You can follow Quora’s spaces of other people and answer the user’s questions. just focus on providing value to the users so that they automatically start following you.
- After a while, when you build a good reputation in front of Quora, Quora will give you an opportunity to create your own space on Quora. Make the best use of this opportunity and create your own Quora space. A Quora space can help you build authority and awareness of your brand. Try to get more and more followers on your Quora Space because when you have a good amount of followers on your Quora space, you can turn those followers into regular blog readers of our website.
- In this way, you can drive a huge amount of traffic on your blog from Quora. But this all process takes time and if you do it correctly, you can definitely make good use of this Q&A site.
11. Guest Blogging
If you haven’t heard anything about guest blogging, read this post to get a detailed idea of how to do guest blogging.
There is no doubt that guest blogging is a very effective way of building backlinks for your site.
But with the help of guest blogging, you can also drive traffic to your site.
When your guest blog on another authoritative site, you will be able to get in front of huge and relevant readers and you establish authority and credibility when you provide a good value in your article.
This urges the readers to visit your site and read your other valuable articles. In this way, you can drive traffic from guest blogging.
You not only drive traffic but you drive targeted traffic on your site. Guest blogging boosts your SEO ranking.
For best results from guest blogging, you need to keep in mind the following points:
- Before writing know your customers. If you want to hit the “targeted” audience, you must know for whom you are writing. You are not required to write for everyone, you must focus on the targeted audience for best results.
- You must write about what your customers want. If your customers want to read an article on a specific topic, you should plan your guest blogging on that topic.
- After you know who your customers are and what they want, the next step is to write high-quality valuable content for your readers. If you want to get more guest blogging opportunities from high-authoritative sites in the future, you must write great content. The great content is when you solve the readers’ problems.
- Learn how to pitch to high authoritative website owners for guest blogging. You might feel scary and awkward at first, but with regular reminders, there might be some chances of your request being accepted. You need to learn how to pitch.
- Your pitch email must be clear, to-the-point, short, sweet, and descriptive. You need to introduce yourself properly. You can mention the link to your article for reference, and you can also show them some of your guest blogs on other sites.
- After you have successfully completed your guest blogging project, you are required to invest time and effort in promoting your guest blog for driving traffic on your site and more guest blogging opportunities.
12. Commenting on Authoritative Blogs
Blog commenting is one of the easiest and the most effective ways of driving quality traffic on your blog.
Blog commenting is an effective method of building relationships with other bloggers in your industry.
A genuine, valuable, and honest comment on some high-authoritative blogs can drive traction and credibility for your blog.
All you have to do is find such authoritative sites in your niche, read their blog articles, and leave your honest and valuable comment on such blogs on a regular basis.
This will grab their attention, and there might be chances that the website owner or any other member of the community will visit your blog and you will gain high-quality traffic on your site.
Some advantages of effective blog commenting are:
- It builds good relations with other blog readers and helps in networking with the top players in your industry.
- It can help you in driving traffic on your blog. In addition, it builds credibility and brand recognition and leaves a good impression on the user’s and visitors’ minds.
- It can help you in getting backlinks for your site. When you regularly comment on other blogs, maybe later you can ask for a backlink from the user, and you might get one.
But there some things that you should keep in mind before begin commenting on other blogs, to avoid spamming on that authoritative blog.
And no blogger would want, that anyone leaves spam comment on their blog.
Here are some points that you should follow before commenting on other blogs:
- The most common spam visitors do is putting keywords in the name field in the comments section. Your name field is like the first impression for the blog owners and when you spam and insert a keyword in the name field, your first impression goes down and it becomes your last impression. (Pro Tip- You should always use your real name in the name field). No matter how valuable your comment is, if you spam in the name field, your comment is not considered valuable and might be sent to the trash.
- Always ask some relevant questions and give valuable advice to the blog owner, for some improvement in the article, or commenting some new points to the list. (Pro Tip- If you don’t want yourself to be considered as a spammer or a bot, then you must develop this practice of adding some value, or asking some relevant questions related to the topic).
- Avoid adding some external links in the comments section, unless it is asked for. (Pro Tip- Adding links without permission will declare you a spammer).
- Focus on building good relations with the blog owner, by regularly adding valuable comments in the comments section. (Pro Tip- Regular blog commenting develops your personality and you get to know some other relevant and valuable tips from the blog owner. This will also help some new bloggers to learn something new and they would like to interact with you more on the topic).
- Show some respect to the blogger for the effort the blog owner took for writing such an awesome article and providing positive comments in the comments section. (Pro Tip- If you can’t add positive comments, but you must avoid negative commenting on the blog. Adding negative comments might de-motivate the blog owner and might hurt the writer’s feelings).
- Never practice blog commenting just for the sake of getting some backlinks for your site. (Pro Tip- You must provide genuine and honest comments on the blog, based on your niche).
13. Social Bookmarking Sites
Social Bookmarking sites are those sites where your readers can bookmark your articles to revisit it later. Since the bookmarks are online, so your readers can access the site’s bookmarks anytime, from any device, right where they left.
The readers can save any article, video, stories, etc to visit that web page later.
Social bookmarking sites are an amazing source of posting your link to your blog. But, you have to follow their guidelines before you post any link.
There are several social bookmarking sites like
Using these social bookmarking sites to promote your blog has some pros and cons.
Pros of Social Bookmarking
- You can drive traffic to your blog using these social bookmarking sites. Since your article in the social bookmarking site is based on a niche and the user reading and saving that article for later, might navigate to your site through your website’s link. There are several social bookmarking sites from where you can drive hundreds and thousands of targeted traffic to your blog.
- You can generate the sale of your affiliate products and make money from the targeted traffic on your website from these social bookmarking sites.
- Improves your website’s ranking in the search engine rankings, also increases your website’s domain authority. When a lot of targeted traffic visits your site, you get great value in the eyes of the search engine and rank your website higher in the SERP.
- With a lot of web pages bookmarked on different social bookmarking sites, you can build a community that likes your bookmarks.
- It builds the branding of your blog. With a lot of returning targeted traffic, your blog becomes a brand for the repeated visitors, which provides you an extra edge over others. More visitors mean more subscribers to your blog.
- It can help you in building up no-follow and do-follow quality links for your site. When any of your articles are very popular among users and get a lot of shares, then it generates (typically a no-follow) link to your site, resulting in driving huge traffic to your site. If you get a do-follow link, it can improve the page rank of your site and boosts SEO.
Cons of Social Bookmarking
- You can drive a lot of traffic on your site, but user engagement on site decreases, which increases the bounce rate of your site, which is a major disadvantage. If we take an example of Reddit, the traffic from Reddit increases the bounce rate of your site.
- Some of the sites are of low-quality or spammy, showing in the Google search engine. Creating links on these low-quality sites will get you a lower ranking in the search engine, fewer conversions, and less engagement.
14. Get Interviewed
Once you start getting a good amount of traffic, many bloggers and other content creators would like to take your interview on YouTube channel or any other platform.
Your interview means a lot for those content creators since they follow you and it is beneficial for their audience as well it is beneficial for your career as you interview in front of a whole new audience.
The biggest advantage of giving interviews is you get broader reach, more followers, more subscribers to your website, and more as well as new traffic on your site.
It is a win-win situation for everyone. As a blogger, it is always recommended to give interviews and increase your reach and brand awareness to more audiences.
15. Content Syndication
Content syndication is a smart and effective way to promote your blog.
Content syndication is a method of re-publishing your content in the form of videos, infographics, images, etc on other platforms like LinkedIn and Medium to drive a significant amount of traffic on your blog.
The platform gets free and relevant content and the site owner gets free exposure, gets in front of a broader audience, and a backlink for the content syndicated, which helps to boost organic traffic to their website.
The best thing is that you don’t have to worry about the penalty from Google, as Google won’t penalize you for syndicating content.
This is a content marketing tactic, that will help you build your brand awareness and increase your brand reach to a whole new audience.
16. Write Awesome and Share-Worthy Content
Many bloggers make a big mistake that they write anything on their blog and they are waiting for the traffic to visit their blog.
You need to create such awesome content so that people go crazy sharing your content on other social media platforms.
Here are some tips that can help you create shareable content:
- Create the content on the topic that is getting more shares. For this, you have to perform competitive research. Look for the top 10 websites and create content that is 10x better than their content.
- Narrate a personal experience or a story through your content. People would love to know your personal experience or a story related to the content that might help them in doing the right thing or blogging in the right way. And this type of content has more shares as this contains an emotion, and your audience can easily relate your story with theirs.
- You can provide a solution with your content. Look for the most common query most of the bloggers ask and provide a good solution with your content. This kind of content gets more shares because your content is very useful for most of the readers.
- Create how-to and list posts for your readers. Studies have shown that list posts and how-to posts get more shares than other forms of content.
- Write long-form content. According to BuzzSumo, long-form content of 3,000-10,000 words gets more shares than other articles. This is why because long-form articles have a lot of information that is valuable and relevant for most of the readers. Creating a long-form content requires a lot of effort, research, and time but in the end, it’s worth it.
- Include images, videos, and infographics in your content. This will increase your content shares on various social media platforms. According to Hubspot, a Facebook post with images gets 2-3x more shares and engagement than the post without an image, and Tweets with images get 150% more retweets than tweets without images.
17. Writing an Expert Round-up Posts
A round-up post is a post where you include content or opinions of top experts in your niche.
Writing an expert round-up post can benefit your blog in several ways. Round-up posts can help you in building backlinks, drive traffic to your website, and builds your authority as a blogger.
When you create round-up posts, it is worth reading for most of the bloggers, as it contains a ton of value for them.
Plus, your round-up gets more shares by the experts on their website, which helps you in getting more exposure in front of a whole new audience, so more subscribers and more engagement on your post.
For your reference, you can read this article from Small Business Ideas Blog.
Till now, as you have learned the 17 most important ways to promote your blog.
It’s now time to apply the above techniques. I would suggest you apply one or two techniques at a time and watch the results.
As there are many other several indirect ways to drive traffic to your blog and in the future, when I found any new information related to driving traffic and blog promotion, I will update them all in this article.
Do comment on your experiences and if you have applied any other technique mentioned in the article then do share with us. If we keep sharing, we all will keep growing together.
That’s why I always say.
Hi, I’m Rashpreet Singh Bagga, Founder of Online Rupaya. I’m a passionate blogger and an aspiring YouTuber. This blog will help you in earning your first dollar online providing useful information regarding blogging, and SEO.